Development Community Manager (closed)
For more than 30 years VeriFone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. VeriFone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
VeriFone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, VeriFone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at VeriFone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
With more than 90 offices around the world, VeriFone offers a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture rich with advancement and career development opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Development Community Manager in San Francisco or the Bay Area to join our SAIL Platform Team.
Job Title: Development Community Manager
We are seeking a Development Community Manager who will be responsible for supporting and maintaining our Developer Community and Online Technical Presence. In addition, this person will drive Developer Documentation, Implementation analytics, and some community web property enhancement projects from beginning to end.
VeriFone’s SMB Commerce Group is an innovative and quickly growing business unit providing mobile Point-of-Sale solutions and developer platforms to the market. Our direct solutions are built on iOS and Android operating systems, and we support a number of platform-specific mobile SDK’s and open APIs for developer integration with the system.
This position will be responsible for managing outreach and support to the developer and partner communities, and for suggesting technical enhancements to our SDKs and APIs based on developer feedback and interaction with our product development and technical teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operations around developer support to ensure optimal engagement, social impact and enhanced corporate reputation.
- Design and implement creative communication and field management engagement techniques that drive optimal participation in the SAIL Platform ecosystem
- Maintain an online community of web properties and social media presence aimed at supporting a distributed ecosystem of developers and partners integrating with our payments and platform APIs.
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with key organizations which fall within the company’s areas of focus.
- Develop partnerships that are meaningful and drive awareness and use of our platform in strategic markets and verticals.
- Provides consultation and technical support to development partners integrating with, or interested in leveraging, the SAIL platform for payments and mobile development activities.
- Leverage tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate impact of programs in market; develop reports on program effectiveness in market and makes recommendations for program enhancement and improvement
- Develop innovative programs and strategies through collaboration with business units in field.
- Position requires performing other duties and special assignments not specifically stated.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong technical background. You’re not afraid to dig through log files, read through API specs or whiteboard concepts with the engineers. BS in Computer Science, or comparable experience, is preferred.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle. You won’t be expected to write code, but you’ll need a deep understanding of how software is built and delivered. Experience with writing software for mobile devices or managing open source projects is a big plus!
- Strong analytical and communication skills. You should be able to breakdown a complex technical solution and explain it to your grandma.
- Excellent customer-facing abilities. We’ll make you the face of a strategic and visible developer ecosystem. You’ll tell them why our product is awesome, and get their input on how it can solve their biggest problems.
- A hunger to grow and build out your skillsets. Be prepared to tackle any challenge, study new media strategies and become an expert on something brand new quickly.
- This is an ideal position for a modern techie that loves social media and new community tools that’d rather see the big picture than try and get code to compile.
- Passionate about technology and the user experience.
- A resourceful, motivated, driven self-starter.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Someone who “gets” mobile. You understand why iOS and Android have blown up recently and you know that the potential of these platforms has only begun to be realized.
At VeriFone in the SMB Commerce group:
- You’ll join a fast growing company that is changing the way retailers do business.
- Experience immediate gratification. See your hard work in action in months, not years.
- We are a market leader in the mobile POS and payment processing space with an impressive roadmap and plans for world domination.
- You’ll have full latitude to get the job done as you see fit. We’re looking for people who meet goals and solve problems, not people who follow orders.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: http://verifone.me/Kb6EuS