COVANCE- SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (closed)
The primary goal of the SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER is to Lead global network engineering designs and solutions, with the ability to think independently and customize and develop designs to meet business requirements.
- Design global network solutions in line with reference architectural standards and principles to meet dynamic business requirements.
- Deploy enterprise LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN Accelerators and other hardware.
- Develop network monitoring and management solutions that proactively monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Research, recommend, and lead network optimization projects.
- Take initiative to proactively discover and remediate deficiencies in network solutions, both deployed and in design phase.
- Drive efforts to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry..
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Maintain current documentation of all equipment under operational control
o Logical network diagrams
o Physical network diagrams
o Configuration and firmware image archiving
o Switch cabling documentation to wall jack
- Interact and manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Liaise with third party suppliers/providers for fault resolution
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired or equivalent relevant experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.
- Minimum 8 years networking experience.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN and WLAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including MPLS, VPN, IPSEC, WAN Acceleration/Optimization, Wireless and Load balancing.
- Experience installing and managing Nexus 7K/5K/2K.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
To see the full job description and to apply online, go to: http://jobsearch.covance.com/34239-jobs.aspx
If the link does not work, visit www.covancecareers.com and search 34239.