Software Developer (closed)
MediaVantage was designed and developed by dna13, a software company based in Ottawa, Canada. dna13 was acquired in April of 2010 by CNW Group, an established company that had been reselling the solution in Canada since 2005. The dna13 solution was renamed MediaVantage in September, 2010. CNW offers a suite of premium news and disclosure management services to PR and IR professionals across Canada and is owned in part by US-based PR Newswire.
MediaVantage is a trademark of CNW Group.
MediaVantage is looking for an Agile Java Developer to help shape the future of our media monitoring and public relations management software.
You will be working alongside a skilled group of craftsmen that care about quality. Developers at dna13 practice unit testing and test driven development. They refactor mercilessly when needed. The team works directly with product management to shape their product. This allows them to regularly ship software to people who will use it.
If you have a passion for:
• Clean code
• Automated testing
• Working with user stories in short iterations
• Linux deployment "Devops style"
• Text processing / textual analysis
• Cross-browser webapp development?
• Big data (Sql or NoSql variety)
• Scalability and performance
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
• Solid Java development skills in a Linux environment
• Comfortable adding new features that extend across all architectural tiers (UI / Business Logic / Database)
we would love to hear from you,
This position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, including a comprehensive medical/dental plan, pension plan and bonus program.