Plant Controller (closed)
The Plant Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the Plant, to include the preparation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the plant’s reported financial results.
The Plant Controller is a member of the plant leadership team and is expected to be a hands on performer that ultimately provides financial guidance in all aspects of the plant operations. The position reports directly to the CFO and indirectly to the Vice President, Manufacturing. The candidate must work well independently, take initiative, be a team player, and have excellent organization and communication skills in addition to strong computer skills.
Oversees all financial and information system functions in order to provide timely and sound financial information, accurate financial reporting, budgets and forecasts, solid internal controls and plant working capital management.
- Directs, participates in and implements the annual manufacturing budget, to include the establishment of cost center rates, line performance standards and product standard costs, monthly financial statements and working capital forecast and capital expenditure plan.
- Tracks, evaluates and prepares reports on plant manufacturing performance against budget/forecast on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in order to identify areas of opportunity for improvement and to provide variance analysis for plant management action(s). Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and assists local team with linkage between KPI’ performance, financial performance, and improvement initiatives that drive sustainable plant improvements.
- Leads the plant annual budget and monthly financial forecast process to prepare accurate budgets/forecasts including tactics for execution.
- Prepares requests for capital spending authorizations and initiates the approval process for all investment project proposals for the plant operation.
- Incorporates the annual capital plan into the plant operating plan standards and performance metrics.
- Provides financial analysis for capital and expense projects, plant proposals and productivity initiatives.
- Oversees the scheduling, auditing and reconciliation of all plant physical inventories (Finished Goods, Raw Materials and Supplies).
- Responsible for the monthly financial close process.
- Responsible for maintaining a perpetual inventory process, physical control, accurate accounting and tracking of fixed assets including assets in process.
- Establishes and oversees internal control practices and procedures in order to provide reliable financial information and guard the assets of the company, including account reconciliations and annual/quarterly audit support. Strong understanding of accrual and cash basis accounting practices. Ensures compliance with company policies including expenditure approvals, employee time reporting and employee expense reimbursements.
- Monitors expenses, working capital and plant performance versus budget and forecast and prepares the monthly management operations discussion and analysis including actions for improvement.
- Manages the hierarchy of approval levels throughout the plant.
- Responsible for managing the plant IT systems,including the plant ERP system and payroll processing.
- Manages the telephone, mobile phone and voice mail systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent business experience.
- Must have +7 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, with 5-7 years experience in Accounting or Finance related position with a manufacturing operation.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, forecasting, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Computer/System proficiency including ERP systems and strong MS Excel skills.
- Supervisory experience including teambuilding.
- Strong work ethic, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or MBA designations. ERP implementation experience is a plus.