Project Manager (2) (closed)
The Project Manager is responsible to simultaneously manage and deliver one or more medium to large projects according to the project?s agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, and quality objectives. The Project Manager will participate in the establishment of those parameters in order to assure the viability of the commitments being made. The Project Manager will accomplish this by correctly tailoring and applying the principles and processes that compose Client?s standard project management methodology and by applying strong leadership and communications skills to enable each project team member to successfully execute their assigned individual and team tasks.
Project teams will be cross-functional and may be composed of internal and/or vendor resources.
Overtime may be required, on a limited basis and with prior approval. Some small amount of travel (~10%) may also be required.
1. Project Initiation
a) Plan and facilitate the project kickoff with internal and external teams.
b) Champion the project through internal demand management and prioritization processes.
2. Project Planning
a) Lead the creation of overall project plan, including cost and schedule, across multiple teams and vendors
b) Collaborate with resource managers to perform resource planning and assignments.
c) Develop additional necessary management plans including all appropriate artifacts (e.g. Charter, Communication Plan, Change Management Plan, Risk Management Plan).
d) Communicate plans and commitments to all impacted parties.
e) Manage project tracking and documentation in Clarity in accordance with PMO guidelines.
3. Project Execution/Control
a) Manage project execution against plan, including cost and schedule. Update plan as needed.
b) Manage project scope, issues, risks, and changes. Prioritize and promptly address new or unresolved issues, risks, and proposed changes. Escalate and delegate as appropriate.
c) Communicate project status and action information formally to a wide audience including, business, IT, and vendors per the communication plan.
d) Facilitate correct recording of project effort and any other required metrics.
e) Assure consistent application of the approved project management methodology.
4. Project Closeout
a) Complete detailed post-project review & identify changes to improve overall project delivery. Communicate the results to all impacted parties.
b) Facilitate administrative closure of all component projects in the system of record. Properly archive project documentation. Communicate closure to impacted parties.
5. People/Resource Management
a) Promote effective team interaction and collaboration.
b) Provide feedback for staff development activities as requested.
c) Facilitate project team interaction across multiple, global sites.
d) Facilitate all applicable stakeholder interests while effectively and efficiently managing the overall project.
e) Mentor less skilled Project Managers
6. Process Improvement
a) Apply lessons learned through post-project reviews.
b) Cultivate an awareness of current industry trends in order to identify potential improvements to the project management process.
c) Analyze existing PM processes for improvement opportunities. Submit the most promising ones to the PMO for evaluation and potential implementation.
Bachelor?s Degree (or higher) in Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or other Technology field. Equivalent work experience may substitute for minimum education level.
10 years experience as a project manager in a technical environment. Minimum 5 years experience managing multiple large-scale projects that encompass diverse business and technology areas.
· Proven project planning skills.
· Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
· Successful history managing and influencing project teams who do not directly report to you and/or are simultaneously working on multiple unrelated projects.
· Demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships in a highly-matrixed organization (business and technology departments) to drive business results.
· Proven experience managing scope and internal/external expectations through effective negotiation and partnering.
· PMP Certification
· Experience in financial, student loan, or consumer banking industries.
· Experience managing project delivery in a vendor-outsourced environment.
· Experience managing Data Warehouse and Reporting projects
· Experience managing application development projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Strong leadership skills to lead and motivate teams to execute under aggressive timelines.
· Ability to understand and integrate technical and business visions and communicate the appropriate level of detail to both technical and non-technical parties.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data to provide clear recommendations based on results
· Strong competency with one or more project management methodologies
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Outstanding time management and organization skills.
· Outstanding problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Competent to use the MS Office Suite in a business environment.
· Competency in one or more project scheduling tools
· Demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships with team members and customers.
· Strong business acumen, strategic insight and confidence required to anticipate, mitigate, negotiate and resolve conflicts within the project team.
· Persuasive/engaging communication skills, including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation formats
· Competency in the use of CA?s Clarity Project and Portfolio Management tool suite
· Competency in the use of Open Workbench project scheduler
· Experience with Microsoft SharePoint