Lab Technician (closed)
TMK IPSCO leads the industry by combining state-of-the-art technology, top-notch talent and powerful manufacturing capabilities to create and deliver a broad range of innovative tubular products. TMK IPSCO is one of the largest North American producers of welded and seamless pipe and premium connections dedicated to serving the oil and gas industry and many industrial markets. Our legacy of quality, industry-renowned customer service and focus on innovative products and services allow us to drive unparalleled value for our customers.
We are currently seeking an Lab Technician to support our facility in Brookfield, OH.
The Quality Technician is responsible for:
- Support manufacturing plant in resolving quality issues by performing measurement studies.
- Setup and maintain measurement equipment and aid in calibrating equipment.
- Support production and Accessories side of business.
- Manage relationships with the outside processors for supplier quality.
- Input calibration data into system.
- Scheduling in house third party calibration services.
- Maintain gage calibration, traceability and records updated.
- Soliciting new gages and repair services.
- Maintain gage lab environment clean and organized.
- Show proof of records to an auditor.
INCUMBENT ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
Must possess the ability to work independently with minor supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of inspecting all the Ultra connections:
- Read all applicable documents and procedures related to inspection activities.
- Able to use precision equipment to verify standoffs. (When necessary).
- Know how to evaluate molds of thread and seal to an overlay using Optical Comparator.
- Fill out product tolerance sheets in accordance to requirements. (When necessary).
Set up Ultra gages and re-verify:
- Must be able to read set up sheet and set up gages for product lines using gauge blocks and Mic Trac.
- Must be able to re-verify gauge setting between shifts to assure they are still on mark.
Must have computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be organized.
- Must have excellent computer skills - Word, Excel
- Gage Lab certification.
- Have worked with ISO and API standards