Technical Specialist, Enterprise Data Warehouse
Hi Are you good fit for this job ?
Job ID : 1000037725
Job Title : Technical Specialist, Enterprise Data Warehouse
Location : Stamford CT
Duration : 6 months
Job Description :
This is a hands on position responsible for the design and implementation of ETL processes and Microstrategy reports, development of ETL & BI architecture components and the creation of coding standards.
This position is expected to contribute technical best practices & functional knowledge to the team by providing design specifications, development and integration efforts as well as supporting the resolution of production issues.
You will mentor other ETL and BI developers (both onshore and offshore), collaborate on design approaches, review detailed design documents and sign off on the quality of ETL programs and BI reports developed by others on and outside the team.
This position requires working collaboratively with other Technical Specialists, Business Analysts, Business Relationship Managers and developers both onsite and offshore.
To succeed in this fast paced environment you should be a self starter, results focused, technically versed in the Data Warehouse space, confident providing technical leadership to others and committed to the overall success of the Enterprise Data Warehouse team.
You should enjoy mentoring other members of the team both onsite and offshore. Areas of Focus and Responsibility
• Participate in requirement meetings with Business Analysts to understand analytical content needs. Assist in documenting these requirements, resolving ambiguities and conflicts, and ensuring requirements are complete.
• Analyze functional specifications and assist in designing technical solutions. Work with source system managers, Technical Leads, Data Analysts and Business Relationship Managers (BRM’s) to define data extraction methodologies. Work with Data Architects to develop data warehouse models, design specifications, metadata process and documentation.
• Develop detailed ETL & BI design specifications based on business requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
• Develop, maintain and gain adherence to ETL & BI coding standards and best practices.
• Provide ETL and BI technical direction members of the team both onsite and offshore.
• Develop ETL programs for enhancements/projects from detailed design specifications utilizing PLSQL and Informatica v9.
• Develop BI reports for enhancements/projects from detailed design documents utilizing Microstrategy v9.
• Review detailed ETL & BI design specifications created by others on and outside of the EDW team.
• Review ETL programs and BI reports developed by others on and outside the team for adherence to coding standards and best practices.
• Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues as necessary. Perform SQL tuning and serve as the primary escalation point for complex performance and database issues.
• BRM's, Lead Technical Specialist, Business Users, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Architects, ETL & BI Developers; Requirements
• Must Have - Expert level understanding of Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehousing principles and architectures, including concepts (i.e. comprehension of Kimball methodologies), designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts.
• Must Have - Extensive SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Packages, and UNIX scripting skills.
• Must Have - Extensive knowledge of Microstrategy or an equivalent BI tool.
• Must Have – Extensive knowledge of Informatica or an equivalent ETL tool.
• Must Have - Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must Have - Ability to work effectively in an onshore/offshore team structure.
• Beneficial - Knowledge of Golden Gate data replication software.
• Beneficial – Knowledge of Oracle APEX development platform.
• Beneficial – Ability to travel to India 1-2 times per yer
Note : In Person interview must after initial Phone Screen
Contact Details :
Tel : 973-481-0100 Extn : 3152