Sr Linux System Admin (closed)
Linux Systems Engineer (Mid-Senior Level)
Successful, fast growing, Internet Company is looking for Mid and Senior-level Systems Engineer. You will play a prominent role within the organization, helping to support the technical infrastructure. The candidate must be a self-starter who is comfortable working with a small team in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Help maintain and support the existing infrastructure including databases, servers (both virtual and physical), SAN, load balancers, firewalls, and associated software.
- 4+ years of Linux in a production environment
- 4+ years of relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Any experience with virtualization products (VMWare, Xen, Amazon EC2)
- Understanding of high availability architecture, tools, and best practices
- Experience with storage appliances and provisioning
- Experience with monitoring and metrics tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti
- Understanding of network topologies and related devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of server hardware, including CPU, memory, and storage subsystems
- Proficiency in scripting (Perl, Bash, PHP, Python) to automate tasks
- Computer Science or Engineering based degrees (MS or BS)
- Proficiency in constructing SQL queries and query optimization
- Hadoop/HDFS configuration and maintenance