QA Developer - Web Application Scanning (closed)
Were you the kid who was always trying to figure out how things worked? Do you love being a software developer as much as you love solving complex and interesting problems? Are you looking for a company that is developing cutting edge software that addresses a real and critical business concern for its customers???
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then you should be considering a career with Veracode. We are hiring QA Developers to work closely and collaboratively with our software and research teams! We want individuals with intrinsic curiosity and a sincere interest in building reliable, scalable automation for testing Veracode's web application security scanner, a key component of Veracode's dynamic analysis service offering.
We are one of the fastest growing security SaaS companies in the space. We have a patented innovation that is revolutionizing how companies, large and small, solve one of their biggest challenges – securing their software applications. The Veracode cloud platform provides the fastest, most comprehensive solution to improve the security of internally developed, purchased, outsourced or mobile applications. Come help us succeed by being a part of our team.
Working with a talented group of engineers and security researchers, you will:
- Configure and run dynamic scanners/web vulnerability scanners to test web applications
- Conduct expert review of analysis engine output in order to drive continuous improvement
- Determine trends/patterns in engine and scan accuracy and provide feedback as appropriate to the engine and scripting teams Interact with customers to further refine the review process via mutual knowledge transfer
- Achieve acceptable levels of analysis quality and throughput, as defined by internal metrics
- 3-5+ years experience in software QA or application security testing
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python and/or Perl development.
- Experience with testing web applications
- Knowledge of common web application security vulnerabilities
- Experience with common quality assurance and testing procedures that follow software engineering industry best practices
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows operating environments
- Solid understanding of software life cycle and fundamentals of system testing
- Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt and the ability to assimilate new technologies quickly is a must.
- Self-motivated, results driven, and able to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Additional Skills & Experiences Strongly Desired:
- Java development experience
- Knowledge of SOAP
- Ability to create and deploy test web applications in many languages/frameworks, i.e., Flash, PHP, ASP.NET, JSP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Amazon Cloud computing knowledge.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools, QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Experience in writing detailed test plans and conducting test plan reviews with project team members
- Previous start-up or small company experience or experience working on a small team within a larger organization.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of Application Security, OWASP, and other security related standards and technologies.
- Exposure mobile technologies a plus.