Regional Director, Bank Sales (closed)
Regional Director, Bank Sales
Due to tremendous growth of the organization, this premier NYC based bank sweep and insured deposit provider seeks an exceptional individual to lead their Bank Sales efforts in the Midwest / Northwest part of the country. In this role, you will be responsible for acquiring new bank clients and enhancing an existing bank network that supports the deposit needs of an FDIC Insured deposit sweep program. You should be familiar with bank funding strategies to meet a bank's deposit and liquidity needs and be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire bank deposit capacity to meet the needs of the firms program. To be successful, you must have sales experience in banking or related industries that services the banking community. Strong people skills are necessary qualities for the individual to find and assemble strong business relationships.
- Prospect and source new deposit banks, create agendas, host sales calls, manage the bank contract process to completion.
- Build a relationship with banks on the west coast under contract from a funding/treasury management perspective. Interact frequently with bank treasury, cash management and chief financial officer.
- Learn and manage the banks funding needs from a brokered MMDA and other perspectives. Represent the funding needs of the bank on a short and intermediate term basis to internal operations and product staff.
- Responsible for providing regular updates to management and operations/product development as relates to capacity/pricing/new bank opportunities.
- Work with broker dealers regularly to help manage their expectations and provide an overview on bank deposit marketplace trends.
- Interact regularly with credit committee to ensure credit and sales are in sync as it relates to various bank requirements. Provide insight from the field on potential changes of bank pricing, deposit demand and community news.
- Maximize pricing and profitability on bank deposits. Keep up to date of what the competition is earning on their similar deposits.
- Work with marketing to support any prospect marketing efforts as well as to support any proposals to new broker dealers.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required
- 5-8 years related sales experience to the banking industry
- Current existing relationships within the banking / broker dealer community
- Must have success in selling FDIC Sweep products, Money Market Mutual Funds, demand Deposit marketplace, etc…
- Solid knowledge of FDIC and federal banking regulatory environment
This exceptional career opportunity will not last long so send your resume today!