Executive Assistant - Guggenheim Investments (closed)
Guggenheim Investments, formally Rydex SGI, is a forward-thinking asset management firm dedicated to providing high quality, innovative investment solutions across the asset allocation spectrum that meets investors’ diverse and evolving needs. As the Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), your success is all about managing priorities. You will work under pressure and be expected to take a project from start to finish. In this highly visible role, your excellent communication and collaboration is paramount. You will analyze situations and exercise sound judgment in determining the appropriate course of action. You will keep the CIO well informed of any changes or developments, and the need to shift priorities when issues arise, without burdening him with the details.
We have offices in New York, Chicago, Kansas, and Santa Monica and three boards that you will interact with frequently. Because of the CIO’s busy schedule, you will need to exercise judgment about what is a priority, anticipate and follow changes in his calendar, and have your pulse on the organization as a whole. You will primarily work independently, with minimal supervision, on a variety of complex and varied duties. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the poise and professionalism to confidently engage with senior staff and outside clients. Additionally, you will provide basic administrative support to the Quantitative Investment Team.
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant
- Manage the workflow and coordinate the activity of the CIO.
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, make travel plans and produce/manage executive expense reports.
- Oversee some budget activities and expense activities.
- Assist with the management/coordination of projects.
- Prepare, edit, and disseminate meeting minutes and information as required.
- Maintain current and accurate files for the department.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for meetings and other responsibilities as needed.
- Create and edit presentations.
- Draft and edit business correspondence.
Essential Experience, Skills, and Competencies of the Executive Assistant:
- At least 3 years’ executive assistant experience supporting senior or executive level staff.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading experience in a business environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with expert level in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Attributes of the Successful Executive Assistant
- Quick learner. You enjoy learning new things and have a natural curiosity. You are hands-on, dive into details, ask questions once, and “come up to speed” quickly.
- Discreet. While you are friendly to all, you divulge nothing confidential to anyone and never give the impression to anyone that you are holding any confidential information. You understand that the CIO must be able to trust you implicitly.
- Adaptable. Highly organized yet flexible and able to adapt to shifting workloads.
- Great communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented. Even though you are detail-oriented, you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Organized. You can manage both consistent/recurring timelines and deadlines, as well as manage a regular flow of tasks that can be both urgent and important but not necessarily in sync with other deadlines and responsibilities.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Your superior standards will be embraced in our professional culture.
- You will have a direct impact on making the CIO efficient and the company more successful.
- Beautiful, professional office in Rockville.
- You will work a predictable schedule during regular business hours without excessive overtime.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, basic life, AD&D, short term and long term disability, employee assistance program, flex spending account, paid time off, holidays(NYSE schedule), transportation benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), fitness center in the building and more.
To Apply for the Position of Executive Assistant
Simply email a Word version of your resume and cover letter to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with "Executive Assistant - Guggenheim/2012-1495” in the subject line of the email.