Project Engineer - Traffic Engineer (closed)
Project Engineer – Traffic Engineer
Are you a Project Engineer who is a logical thinker concerned with facts and details?
Do you want to work as a Project Engineer for a fast growing, innovative and entrepreneurial firm where your skills and imagination create your career path?
As a Project Engineer are you able to process and retain complex information and make accurate decisions quickly?
Do your skills as a Project Engineer – Traffic Engineer include excellent customer service skills and can you manage a project from cradle to grave?
Are you a Project Engineer who likes to work independently, is orderly and efficient? If so, read on!
Rhythm Engineering is looking for a Project Engineer to complete traffic engineering projects associated with signal timing. This Project Engineer will be responsible for the engineering projects from start to completion including planning, design, and deployment.
A day in the life of the Project Engineer includes:
- Analyze data including traffic volume counts, intersection spacing, and signal properties to come up with adaptive system configurations.
- Use traffic simulation tools to test and validate adaptive configurations.
- Deploy and “turn on” adaptive system either on-site or remotely. Monitor closely during initial deployment stage.
- Use monitoring tools to observe real-time traffic flow and conditions.
- Daily interaction with clients to discuss past, current, and future projects, involving troubleshooting, project design, and project proposals.
- Support field personnel and/or clients if issues arise.
- Occasional travel for site analysis, data collection, field validation, and system configuration. Work with clients/contractors to confirm hardware installation. Travel up to 30%.
- Generate Before and After traffic studies.
- Maintain internal support systems and periodically review solution performance
- Develop and improve adaptive traffic scheduling algorithms.
What we are looking for:
- Comfortable working with advanced features of PCs.
- Extensive academic background in Transportation/Traffic Engineering.
- Ability to analyze data in mixed formats and come up with creative solutions to solve problems.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours for several day stretches.
- Experience with traffic engineering software including Synchro, VISSIM, CORSIM, Tru-Traffic.
- Experience with manual signal timing and/or traffic simulation.
- Familiarity with basic traffic terminology (phasing, splits, offsets, cycle lengths) and advanced traffic concepts (programming 170 controllers, etc).
- Familiarity with Remote Desktop Protocol, virtual machines (VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC), TCP/IP, and XML.
- Experience with internal network design and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of current interconnect communication technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, or related field.
About Rhythm Engineering:
We make intelligent traffic control products. Our disruptive and innovative technology moves cars and trucks on roads better than any other product or method available.
In fact, by deploying our technology, local governments save motorists millions of dollars per year in fuel, reduce the time people spend in traffic by thousands of hours, reduce vehicle emissions by thousands of tons and reduce crashes – which means saving lives. And we are just getting started.
Rhythm Engineering has both big goals and big R&D projects that will continue to propel the business and enhance lives around the globe.
The State of Kansas recognized Rhythm Engineering with the Governor’s Energy Efficiency Award in 2010. In 2011, the Inc. 500 ranked Rhythm Engineering as the 64th fastest growing private company in the U.S., and Ingram’s Magazine named it the fastest-growing company in Kansas City.
If our mission fits your mission, please submit your resume and cover letter today!