Tooling Engineer / Program Manager (closed)
Near Buford, GA
Rapidly growing, global development partner and original equipment supplier of components and systems utilized in almost all of the world’s vehicle and engine manufacturers.
This person will be responsible for sourcing, development and build management of all tooling for the US Operations. They must ensure the smooth transition from the tools build stage to high volume production.
- Tool sourcing (RFQ development and budgeting)
- Manage design planning staged reviews
- Tool follow-up (progress reporting)
- Timelines (program team updates)
- Aid in pre- and post-press manufacturing process development
- Open issues resolution
- Develop maintenance plan and spare parts lists with tooling vendors
- Tool confirmation to specification and purchase order requirements
- Aid in part approval PPAP
- Manage tool identification per customer specific requirements (tooling approval)
- Aid in production tooling improvement activities
- Estimations for tool changes (for product changes and general tooling modifications)
- Post secondary education in tooling design and development
- 3 or more years experience in tooling management
- Knowledgeable of automotive tooling expectations (PPAP)
- Experienced in 3D product and tool design (user)
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Very organized; good communicator (verbal and written)
- Some knowledge of blue print reading; GD&T and SPC would be considered an asset
Competitive compensation package including bonus and relocation assistance. Due to rapid growth, this position has excellent career potential.
To apply for this position click:
Mangrum Career Solutions partners with manufacturing businesses to assist in their executive placement, onboarding, retention and outplacement needs. They work to empower individual job seekers by helping them gain a competitive edge in their job search. To view more opportunities or make a connection visit http://www.mangrumcareersolutions.com.