Our client is a nationally recognized, leading regional accounting services firm in California. Core services deliver results whether it’s auditing, accounting, entrepreneurial business services, tax preparation, business management, SEC filings, transactions, enterprise risk management, forensic accounting, business valuation, litigation support, or consulting. Winner of numerous awards and named one of the best places to work in California.
Position: Senior Auditor
Department: Assurance & Advisory
Reports to: Assurance & Advisory Manager (or in some cases, Partner)
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Senior Auditors perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more staff and semi-senior accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Builds client relationships and maintains smooth working relationship.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assist staff in prioritizing and managing their workload. Approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion orientated.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Drafts reports including footnotes.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
- Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes.
- Reviews and monitors staff time.
- Prepares other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and multi-task.
- Supervises one or more staff and semi-senior auditors on assigned engagements and instructs them in work to be performed
- Reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- At least three (3) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Either hold a current and valid CPA’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
We are a successful recruitment firm that confidently offers quality services in all industries. Visit our website at: www.clayburnettgroup.com
Specializing in search for executive to mid-level candidates in direct hire/permanent positions, our aim is to flawlessly execute every placement. The candidates we present will be carefully chosen by a team member who has done the groundwork and due diligence to find them. We pride ourselves on a nuanced and thoughtful approach to professional team building and employee placement.
Currently, we confidently offer quality services in the following industry groups: aerospace, consumer goods, distribution/logistics, entertainment, financial services, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing/production, public accounting, real estate/construction, retail, technology, telecommunications, travel/hospitality and utilities.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn: CBG LinkedIn Page
Follow us on Twitter: CBG Twitter Page
Follow us on Facebook: CBG Facebook Page