Mechanical Engineers (all levels) - O&G (closed)
Canadian Status Required
Our client is a major international engineering, project management and consulting company with offices around the world delivering signature projects and services to their clients.
- Completing mechanical engineering studies for Oil Sands facilities
- Experience with the development of layouts for facilities
- Experience in energy and material balances, equipment sizing, hydraulic calculations, and technical reports preparations.
- Compiling RFQs c/w specifications, scopes and data sheets.
- Selection, specification and bid evaluation of mechanical equipment.
- Vendor document review and approval.
- Ability to prepare mechanical calculations in accordance with Canadian and International Standards.
- Working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the industry.
- Ability to work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them.
- Familiarity with ASME, API and Canadian Codes is essential.
- Working knowledge of CSA Z662 is required, and knowledge of ASME B31.4, API 650 and API 610 is a definite asset.
Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering with Professional Engineer status or eligibility to become registered with APEGGA
- Minimum of 10+ years of EPCM experience in conceptual, front-end and detail engineer design of mechanical equipment on various large capital projects
- In-depth knowledge in either one or more of the following areas:
- Rotating equipment (slurry pumps, Process water pumps, Air Compressors, Steam Turbine Generators, Gas Turbines, etc.),
- Stationary equipment (pressure vessels/heat exchangers/tanks, etc.),
- Materials handling equipment (crushers, conveyors, etc.),
- Stress analysis,
- Basic understanding of HVAC.
If you have the appropriate background and education, enjoy challenges and working in a fast paced environment, then this opportunity is for you. A comprehensive salary and benefits package reflecting the seniority and experience will be offered to the successful candidate
If you feel the above roles are a fit with your background, please provide us with a copy of your most recent resume for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be assured that all conversations and information provided will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
We look forward to hearing from you.