Sr. Merchant Product Manager (closed)
Sr. Merchant Product Manager
US, WA, Seattle • Job ID 175459 • Amazon Corporate LLC
Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high-impact, high-profile role as part of the Kindle team?
As a Sr. Merchant Product Manager of Kindle Accessories, you will manage the third party Kindle business. You will work with senior leaders in the Kindle business to develop the strategy for this category and will own the implementation, growth, and development plans. This role is complex and will involve effectively partnering cross functionally. You will be tasked with working closely with multiple groups, including operations, finance, consumer electronics, 3rd party merchants on the Amazon platform, and international teams. The ability to drive deliverables and gain consensus will be critical. . A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Manage the P&L for the Kindle 3rd party business.
- Develop quarterly, annual, and long-term strategic plans. Conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Drive day-to-day relationships with key strategic partners. Maximize the top-line results of these relationships by ensuring the partners are effectively merchandising on Amazon.com, running promotions, and optimizing their integration with Amazon.
- Develop business cases and define requirements for new features and enhancements to our 3rd party marketplace in both the US and internal marketplaces.
- Lead cross-functional projects to deliver an improved seller and customer experience. Build strong internal relationships with technology and development teams in order to deliver these projects.
- Work closely with international teams to build best practices and implement projects abroad.
- 5+ years in e-commerce, product management, business management and/or vendor management
- Strong leader with exceptional verbal and written business skills
- BA/BS required
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation and coordination across functional teams, including technical, engineering, marketing, design and merchandizing teams
- Analytical and quantitative skillset; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Excellent Interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools; knowledge of SQL a plus
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
- MBA a plus