DB2 DBA (closed)
- 10+ years DB2 for z/OS DB2 DBA w/ DB2 V8, V9 new function mode in a parallel sysplex with DB2 data sharing
- 5 years DB2 data sharing experience
- 5 years database & application tuning using tools such as Strobe, Explain, TMON and DB2 Performance Monitor
- Well versed with tools such as TMON monitors, SPUFI, QMF, TSO, MS Windows, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Erwin, and Model Manager.
- Stored Procedures (COBOL and NATIVE), Triggers and UDFs.
- Must also have experience with the BMC suite of DB2 database tools and utilities.
- Physical data modeling
- SQL optimization & performance
- Open to being on “support rotation” where you are on call for 1 week out of every 10
The position is for an experienced—10 years minimum-- DB2 for z/OS DB2 DBA professional who has worked with DB2 V9 new function mode in a parallel sysplex with DB2 data sharing. In addition to the usual DBA skills such as object design and creation; back-up and recovery; and bufferpool tuning; the candidate should be very familiar with BMC database tools and utilities, physical data modeling, and SQL optimization and performance.
The candidate will work with internal and external customers to analyze and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
The candidate will also be expected to provide on site off-hours support for release implementation and various DBA activities such as partitioning tables.