Hewlett-Packard is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. The HP Enterprise Services delivers the industry's broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to HP Enterprise Services area for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to work out of our office in San Diego, California.
The candidate who fills this position will be supporting CoSC (formerly NMCI). This is a full time position with HP. The candidate that we hire will work with other organizations to analyze workflow and procedures to recommend operation support tools and technologies. Acts as a liaison between the customer, vendors, and other technical groups to resolve complex problems.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Performs and reports problem and task analysis and trending
- Identify and resolve configuration issues before solutions hit production
- Participates on project teams in the implementation of new and upgraded designs
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable
- Able to contribute to the design for deliverables.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
- Communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers.
- Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer.
Qualified Candidates will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Background with engineering and solution development, systems administration experience encouraged.
- High School diploma required, bachelors degree recommended or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications needed: Security +.
- Internetworking (Intranet Integration: WWW & FTP Serving, EMAIL SMTP Routing, Firewall, Proxy Cache); Web Design and Integration using MS FrontPage, HTML, and Visual Basic; Installation & Configuration of Computer Hardware and Peripheral Components.
- Systems Administration (Win NT/2K/95/98/ME, IIS) Deployment and Maintenance.
- Knowledge & experience in developing detailed requirements, and design reviews.
Preferred but not required:
- MCSE Certification.
** The candidate we hire for this position must be a US Citizen with an active security clearance - or - must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a clearance. **