Hewlett-Packard is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. The HP Enterprise Services delivers the industry's broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to HP Enterprise Services area for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently looking for a Desktop Engineer to work in San Diego. Our office is on Sherman Street. The candidate who fills this position will be supporting CoSC (formerly NMCI) and join our Engineering Team. This is a full time position with HP.
The candidate that fills this position will be expected to perform the following:
- Create technical documents - internal policies and procedures
- Complete Government Documentation
- Assist in preparing customer facing documentation for internal user communication group
- Actively participate in engineering design and implementation meetings
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines across the enterprise
Qualified Candidates will meet or exceed the following requirements and have at least 5 years experience with:
- Prior experience working in a team based environment
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Enterprise software distribution- MS SCCM, HP Radia/ CAE
- Windows Server Infs: DNS, GPO, DHCP, Active Directory
- Data at Rest experience/ hard disk encryption
- Previous experience in a technical writing role or similar experience
- Must possess basic networking and software distribution knowledge
** Candidates must be a US Citizen with an active security clearance - or - must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a clearance. **
** Candidates must be able to obtain a Security + Certification within 6 months of starting with us. **