Sr. Business Analyst, (OBIEE) (closed)
The selected Sr. Business Analyst under general direction independently works with customers to establish business need and goals and elicits requirements for development of systems solutions for moderately to highly complex projects. Produces functional specifications and obtains customer approval. Acts as liaison between the customer and the development team to determine and deliver the most effective solution. Contributes to the design of systems and planning for systems testing and support. Possesses strong retail or data processing systems background or both.
Macy's Systems & Technology (MST) is the information technology division of Macy's Inc. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 department store locations in 46 states. In addition, we operate major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Macy's Systems & Technology is headquartered in Johns Creek, a suburban setting northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, employee fitness center and a merchandise discount.
- Work closely with business partners to identify and define current business processes and business requirements that will be critical inputs to other project deliverables.
- Act as liaison between business partners and development teams ensuring business needs are understood and supported by proposed solutions.
- Facilitate and document requirements sessions with business partners to develop dashboards and reports
- Work across business units to understand where integrations may be necessary to fulfill business requirements.
- Identify and categorize reports currently required to support current and future business processes.
- Assist with the definition of scope by phase for the overall initiative.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis and specification of software solutions, especially reporting solutions for the Finance function
- Business understanding of Finance functional area including e.g. GL, AP, etc
- Experience with the OBIEE reporting platform.
- Experience working within formal solution development methodologies.
- Experience documenting business and data requirements for reporting solutions e.g. OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- Some understanding of how data models support front end reporting solutions e.g. OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- Proven experience acting as the liaison between the customer and development team to identify and deliver the most effective solution.
- Intermediate skill using SQL to query database structures with tools such as Toad or SQL Developer
- Ability to organize work, establish realistic goals and deadlines, and execute plans. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive requirements gathering using effective elicitation and documentation techniques. Ability to produce functional specifications and obtain customer approval.
- Outstanding facilitation skills, especially for design and user requirements gathering sessions and general business partner meetings.
- Ability to develop use cases and business process maps.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple areas of business and application specialties.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work cooperatively with our customer and project teams to get issues resolved quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate clearly, listen effectively to others, and encourage others to express their ideas.
- Ability to play an active role in system and user acceptance testing and support.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Willingness to travel and to work extended hours when necessary.
- BS/BA degree (Accounting, Math, Computer Systems or related) or equivalent business and technical expertise.
Preferred but not Required
- Experience with Oracle EBS Financials
- Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and data warehousing
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Business understanding of some or all HR functional areas e.g. benefits, talent management, HR, employee relations etc.
Macy's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.