CDS Sales Professional (closed)
The incumbent will be responsible for marketing our CDS product and services to relevant users on the buy-side in conjunction with the core sales force. To the extent that clients are not covered by a sales representative, the incumbent may be solely responsible for the client. S/he will also work together with the dealer sales group to encourage dealer participation and price contributions.
S/he must have a good understanding of the opportunities that are likely to arise from the changing regulatory environment (e.g, as a result of Dodd-Frank) and will promote Client’s value proposition in light of these changes.
Sales success will be measured by client inquiry, dealer on-boarding and price contributions, and trading volume.
The incumbent will also be accountable for providing client and dealer input on system usability so that the company can continue to build out leading technology solutions and refine existing technology.
- At least five years experience in pricing, trading or marketing Single Name CDS and CDS indices and tranches.
- Strong sales and influencing skills and a high degree of results orientation.
- Established relationships with front/middle office credit derivative professionals on the buy and sell side. Must have good relationships with hedge funds, prop desks, etc.
- Familiar with post trade lifecycle, straight-through-processing and clearing.
- Familiar with trade affirmation platforms and clearing house processing.
- Familiar with US regulatory reform and rule-making.
- Must have a vision – and the ability to articulate that vision - for electronic trading of fixed-income securities, especially CDS.