Software Engineer #20695 (closed)
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel Web site with consistently lower prices on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Launched in 2000 with funding from six major airlines, Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help sell their excess inventory. Hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and is based in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com/
Day one. Step into the Hotwire offices. You'll be instantly greeted by a fun, fast-paced atmosphere. Working here, you'll be surrounded by a bright, motivated group of individuals who share a common goal—to make international and domestic travel-planning easy.
So what makes us Hotwire? Many wonderfully distinct things, including:
- Our open work environment
- People work hard, but get the opportunity to play hard outside the office
- Company-organized outings, including parties, charity events and volunteer days
- Great travel perks
- Vibrant startup atmosphere, yet the stability of being part of Expedia, Inc.
- Opportunities to grow
- An all-inclusive, diverse culture
As you can see, it's different here. If you're the type of person who thrives on delivering solutions to develop our industry niche, as well as your future, you're landing at the right place.
Welcome. Now prepare for career take-off!
We are looking for a result-oriented, proactive, and creative individual to be part of our strong software engineering team. This individual will play hands-on role in building out Hotwire and Carrentals' next generation reservation system. Requires strong CS fundamentals gained through a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Knowledge of Internet commerce applications using Tomcat, Java, and MySQL is a plus. Good written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as an ability to develop evolving business requirements into a software solution.
- Lead the technical architecture effort of the CarRentals e-commerce application, ensuring that the design meets scalability and performance requirements
- Lead or participate in the implementation (e.g., coding, testing, debugging) effort
- Present technical issues and their business impact to management
- Interface with 3rd parties on technical designs and issues
- Actively mentor software engineers technically
- Strong CS fundamentals gained through a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Passion for finding innovative technical solutions to ensure scale and speed of product
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas
- Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience with Tomcat, Java, and MySQL a plus.
- Core Competencies:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent communication
- Outside of the box thinker
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including matching 401(k), dental, medical, vision, life insurance, vacation & sick time and much more.
To apply, please click here: http://bit.ly/KEbjGY
No Phone Calls Please
No Agencies or Recruiters