In support of the Managing Director, Capital Markets, Wealth Management & Treasury, IAS, provide independent, objective risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal control and corporate governance processes, with a focus on risk management and operations activities for Technology, Operations and Group Risk Management, worldwide. Work with management in achieving business objectives by creating solutions to improve business operations, while remaining objective and independent. Results ultimately impact shareholders, employees and customers. Engagement is defined as a specific assignment, task, or review activity, such as: an internal audit, design review, fraud examination, or consultancy. An engagement may include multiple tasks or activities designed to accomplish a specific set of related objectives
• Lead a team of senior managers and professional auditors responsible for complex and large engagements in terms of product, location or client relation.
• Direct, counsel, and instruct staff assigned to the engagement and review audit plan, findings and reports for sufficient scope and for accuracy.
• Provide leadership, coaching, performance management and personal development support.
• Ensure that we have competent and sufficient engagement resources, with relevant skill sets to meet each audit and our annual plan.
• Raise the technical knowledge of the group through various courses, seminars and in-house training in the areas of Capital Markets and GTO – Wholesale workflow and related risk management framework, compliance and audit techniques.
• Primary Senior Relationship Manager
Audit & Planning
• In concert with the Managing Director, Capital Markets, Wealth Management & Treasury, IAS, develops the annual Audit Plan for the CM&T audit universe, as well as with other audit groups as required, ensuring that audits confirm to regulatory and internal audit requirements
• Provide input and participate in the IAS strategic planning process.
• Direct/supervise/implement the execution of audit plan and ensure effective audit practices for traditional and continuous audits.
• Plan and execute complex and confidential/special audit projects enterprise wide as requested by senior management.
• Through in-depth understanding of the business including changes to the regulatory and business environments, develops audit programs to ensure effective control solutions are implemented.
• Responsible for the generation of continuous audit techniques.
• Execute quarterly continuous audit and review plans for each entity, as required.
• Key relationship manager for T&O – Wholesale – Capital Markets and Securities platform.
• Key point of contact with external auditors and point of contact for regulators.
• Provide consulting, advisory services, or lead an audit of a business as required, which are consistent with our role to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes, providing the services do not represent a conflict of interest or detract from our mandate.
• Effect change by assisting business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
• Communicate trends in risk and control issues to senior management on the results of ongoing reviews of GTO – Wholesale, business that are key relationships, and any other business as requested.
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
Professional Designation - CA or similar and/or equivalent undergraduate degree with financial services background.
• In depth knowledge of business and key finance functions and trading operations workflow of Capital Markets products and markets. Product knowledge includes: securities, OTC, derivatives and structured products.
• Understanding of Corporate Treasury and asset/liability management functions.
• Project Management
• Proficient in auditing principles and techniques
• Must have the ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new services and/or routines, products and to formulate practical audit procedures to adequately monitor new risk and ensure adherence to limits.
• A understanding of management principles that enable recognition and evaluation of materiality and significant deviations from good management practices
• Knowledge of accounting, auditing standards, business processes and regulatory requirements
• Proficient in risk management and audit expertise
• Knowledge of technology
• Effective strong written and oral communication skills
• Astute in selection and development of people
• Current working knowledge of Internal Audit Services practices, policies, procedures and systems.
• Minimum 10 years banking/audit experience
Tenure Requirement: 3-5 years
• 10-20% travel required.
• Audit review work requires ability to determine the ability the risk effect of delinquent processes
• Must possess an ability to concentrate and remain focused in a time-pressured environment with, at times, tight deadlines due to quarter end deliverables.
• The position requires attendance at meetings with internal & external clients, business partners, external auditors, regulators and briefing Executives and on occasion Senior Executives.
• The responsibilities are performed in a standard office environment with the work involving reading, significant computer and telephone usage.