RCO-Billing and Transactions Rep I (closed)
Position is responsible for operating processes to ensure accurate and timely bills for commercial & industrial (C&I), processing enrollment and consumption transactions on customer accounts in SAP, and dealing with exceptions and the special handling of invoices across the company’s customer segments. Key responsibilities may include any combination of processing enrollment or billing transactions, auditing bills to ensure accuracy, operating processes to ensure timely mailing of invoices, acting as a point of escalation for issues with customer accounts, and facilitating reporting, reconciliation, and data collection for third party vendors or other systems and processes
- Develop understanding of Reliant customer data and invoicing processes in order to operate and make decisions accordingly.
- Develop understanding of utility tariffs, Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) Regulations, ERCOT market rules and guidelines, the Texas deregulated market data flows (as defined by Texas Standard Electric Transactions (TXSET)) in order to effectively research and resolve customer issues and/or billing errors.
- Develop understanding of the Reliant bill formats in order to quickly notice when/if something looks incorrect and escalate accordingly.
- Validate billing accuracy for standard and complex products in daily bill audit process focusing on attention to detail and quality.
- Employ analytical skills in correcting customer issues resulting from failed transactions in SAP, billing or invoicing errors and exceptions, and issues such as incorrect price calculation for C&I customers.
- Employ customer status reports to determine accounts currently due to be billed and perform daily maintenance of status reports by updating status codes for issues impeding billing.
- Initiate requests with ERCOT and TDSPs for additional data to complete deregulated-market transactions.
- Manage and execute specialized and complex billing requirements for high profile C&I customers.
- Audit all C&I special handled and first-time invoices for accuracy and presentation.
- Submit requests to the mail team in order to have the invoices mailed to the customer timely.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Account Management to meet customer contractual requirements.
- Interpret contracts to ensure customers are being billed according to contractual terms.
- Review daily SAP exception reports and resolve system generated errors in a timely manner. Raise all errors and exceptions to the team lead or team senior.
- Review, research, and calculate adjustments to render corrected invoices to customers.
- Perform thorough and careful validation of code changes at Reliant and its third party vendors when needed, communicating any and all potential problems that may appear as a result.
- Develop creative solutions and make recommendations for system work-arounds until program changes and/or enhancements are made to correct critical issues that arise.
- Provide timely and responsive resolution to other teams and departments for escalated customer issues, escalating to lead or senior as required.
- Stay abreast of updates, employing new policies and procedures immediately.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong math and analytical skills necessary to respond to and resolve billing issues.
- Strong Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to consistently use initiative and good judgment to complete assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are mandatory.
- Demonstrated high degree of customer and internal client orientation.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team oriented environment.
- Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty as appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Ability to handle and meet aggressive, metric oriented deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use PC spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Evident traits of initiative and self-motivation.
- Normal Office Environment.
- Some overtime may be required to meet specified deadlines.