Sr. Design Engineer
Performs design functions to develop new or re-design existing products. Under broad direction, works from requirements or instruction to design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve products and reduce costs. Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts. Resolves engineering issues. Oversees the assembly and tests of engineering prototypes. Provides technical expertise to less experienced design engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
- Perform liaison function between Engineering staff and all internal departments, including Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Sales, Production, Accounting, Metal Finishing and Assembly.
- Interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues.
- Check design work of other engineering department members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, geometrics, dimensioning, and other out-put as directed.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, work load, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- May work on special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of experience within Automotive/Aerospace manufacturing environment or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledgeable of heating and air transfer
- Experienced and knowledgeable with Pro-engineer application.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Professional Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/wayneperrett