Manager Internal Communications (closed)
Comcast's Internal Communications team creates and executes the internal communications strategies that support the business strategy for our Fortune 100 company. The new role of Manager of Employee Communications will support overall communications efforts including announcements, leadership messaging, change management, strategic communications plans, and event planning. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and creatively, with the ability to hands-on develop and execute on tactics across print, digital, video, etc. S/he must be an effective project manager with the ability to manage longer-term, complex projects. S/he must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must be an excellent and experienced AP-style writer who can meet tight deadlines, and work with diverse sets of colleagues.
- Develop strategic communications plans in support of overall company initiatives; execute on tactics across print, online, video, digital media
- Draft internal announcements relating to personnel announcements, organizational announcements, internal news
- Partner with Division, Region and Business Unit communicators where appropriate to ensure dissemination of messages is timely and effective
- Manage internal communications within Corporate Headquarters under the direction of Senior Director including print, digital, events, etc.
- Manage internal social media strategy
- Administer content on company Intranet site
- Bachelor's degree required; business, communications or journalism discipline preferred
- Minimum of 4-8 years of relevant communications experience
- Graphic design experience highly desirable
- Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Sharepoint highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills
Comcast Corporate Communications
- Manages Employee Communications initiatives designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects. Educates staff on new initiatives, messages, goals, and projects determined by senior management.
- Partners with senior management to develop and implement broad-based Employee Communications tools, providing employees with messaging and industry/competitive context for all key business initiatives.
- Trains staff and counsels other personnel on best use of new and available Employee Communications tools.
- Writes and edits company-wide communications.
- Develops metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of Employee Communications initiatives and tools. Recommends actions based on metric results.
- Develops, trains, and manages staff in day-to-day operations.
- Participates in performance reviews.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.