Social Media Analyst (closed)
Social Media Analyst
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Location: Central London
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Research Analyst with love of Social Media to work for a new kind of agency that combines an innate understanding of social media with digital, PR, and marketing skills.
The agency is entirely focused on innovative, creative and effective social media marketing and communications are getting rather good at it.
The role will sit within the Research & Insight team taking the responsibility for the social media analysis that are vital to the strategic direction of their consultancy. In addition to this you will be part of the community management team, helping to build and maintain online relationships.
You need to keep abreast of the industry and consume a wide variety of social media looking for emerging trends and best practices.
Some of your key day to day duties will include:
- Conversation Auditing on new clients and existing campaigns including data collection and filtering
- Work closely with the account teams to develop the research and insight offering
- Real time social media monitoring and regular status reporting to clients
- Work with all account teams to provide qualitative and quantitative understanding of how online conversations will impact on the agency clients
- Assisting in the planning and execution of social media outreach
- Community management as appropriate to include twitter account handling and facebook moderation & customer services
- Supporting new business development and contributing to proposal writing
- Undertake blogger and other social media outreach in line with client requirements
What we need from you …
- Highly analytical with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Confident in extracting the necessary data required for analysis
- Innovative and creative in how data is cut and manipulated to provide the best insights
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills!
- Experience of SQL an advantage
- Ability to perform advanced tasks and queries using Excel, such as pivot tables, macros, etc
- Experience using social media monitoring tools (such as Radian 6), Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Omniture & other tools an advantage
- A roll-up your sleeves and get the job done mentality
- Must have a fantastic academic record; 2:1 at least from a red-brick University
- Your background will probably be a digital agency, digital research agency, media research or brand /advertising research
- Passion for social media is paramount!