Account Manager Heavy Truck
Job Title: Account Manager Heavy Truck
Town / City: Columbus
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The account manager serves as the primary relationship manager for one or
more large customers who have established buying relationships with the
Company, and leads the Company's growth activities with those accounts. The
account manager travels as necessary to accomplish stated objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct business with the highest standards of ethical behavior
in compliance with Company rules and procedures.
2. Develop and nurture productive relationships within assigned
account(s) to maximize the flow of information, create and capitalize on new
business opportunities, and maintain profitable business.
3. Develop outstanding cross-functional working relationships with
Company personnel at all levels.
4. Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer
to achieve agreed business targets, including revenue and profitability,
while managing personal time and productivity.
5. Anticipate end of program events within assigned account(s) and
identify new business opportunities to replace lost business and grow
revenue at the account(s) at targeted rates.
6. Work to avoid commercial disputes. Resolve commercial issues
do develop, using a combination of fact-based analysis and skillful
negotiation to achieve results favorable to the Company.
7. Develop and negotiate long-term customer contracts that support
business objectives, and monitor Company and customer obligations to ensure
stated commitments are met in a timely way.
8. Support new program launches by monitoring and actively
participating in launch-related project planning, team meetings and
production trials, leading those activities as necessary, to ensure
successful and timely launches.
9. Prepare sales action plans and schedules, coordinating
cross-functionally with Company personnel.
10. Develop and deliver presentations of Company products and services
in response to specific customer requests (e.g., technical, quality,
economic), and proactively to develop new opportunities.
11. Learn and proactively communicate customer standards for suppliers
to Company personnel.
12. Monitor profitability for assigned account(s) and recommend
action or other measures to improve profitability and meet business targets.
13. Use a variety of customer contact and activities tools and
and update relevant information held in these systems. Record, report,
analyze and administer according to established requirements.
14. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, and
relevant reports and information.
15. When necessary, escalate problems to appropriate levels of
management, balancing the need to avoid negative commercial consequences
with a desire to protect peer relationships.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree or strong related experience.
2. 2 + years of experience of in manufacturing, engineering or business
development in the Automotive or Heavy Truck Manufacturing Industry.
3. Solid recent customer interaction experience in the Automotive or Heavy
Truck Manufacturing Industry.
4. Stable work history.
5. Located within the region (around 300 miles or closer to Columbus OH) or
with a strong reason for the move there.