Senior Instrument Engineer (closed)
SENIOR INSTRUMENT ENGINEER
Our client is a full service engineering company, here in Houston, involved in the upstream oil and gas industry. The company provides project management services ranging from conception throughout the detailed design process, primarily focusing on FPSO topsides.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- A great opportunity for someone who wants to continue career growth while obtaining job security (not a single employee was laid-off during the economic downturn)!
- Very family-oriented environment (family-style breakfasts hosted weekly).
- Flexible, relaxed, and casual work environment-jeans are acceptable daily.
- Great Benefits-health, dental, and life insurance, 401k matching 6% beginning your first date of hire, paid parking, among others.
- Generous compensation package.
- Wonderful working environment utilizing the core values of health, safety, environment, and quality!
- Managed by highly-respected industry professionals that have been in the business for over 30 years.
- Partners with successful company, working on projects worldwide.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
You will support the Instrument Technical Engineering team in order to meet department and project organizational requirements. You will be:
- Reviewing standard specifications, procedures, and project requirements.
- Calculating specifics for instrument devices (flow elements, PSV’s, control valves) as well as control room instruments.
- Reviewing and evaluating the quality of design data; providing guidance to design team.
- Participating in P&ID development and review.
- Coordinating the project control systems interface requirements for major mechanical packages.
- Developing layouts and details for the installation of the control instruments, instrument racks, computer flooring etc.
- Working with SPI (INtools).
- Attending meetings, providing information and technical support as needed.
- Located in West Houston, 5 miles away from the uptown Galleria area.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience (preferred; however, flexible on experience).
- Experience in offshore platforms and FPSO’s.
- Familiarity with SPI (INtools); ISA, IEC, API codes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience with P&ID development; RP14C SAFE Charts, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Instrument Calculations, Specification and Datasheet development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overseas.
- Must be US citizen/Green card holder.
- P.E. registration is a plus*.
- Experience with Installation and Commissioning a plus*.