Senior Trading Systems Analyst (closed)
Specific Duties " ·Responsible for providing trading/order management system support for different user groups including Portfolio Managers, Traders, Analysts, Compliance and Portfolio Accounting. Must have a good understanding of OMS workflows and related systems interfaces"
· Responsible for providing production support for non-trading systems and processes
" · Responsible for partnering with business/user group representatives to understand business processes and underlying informational and/or process automation needs, then translating those needs into formal, documented business requirements following SDLC methodologies"
· Define projects scopes and ensure timely closure on all phases of projects
· Responsible for the data migration, system integration and deployment to the end user
· Coordinate user acceptance testing and signoff
· Provide overall coordination between all involved parties, using project management skills and techniques
Skills/Qualities "Education / Experience:
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology or related
· 5-7 years experience in Application Support and Development within Financial Industry"
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Can effectively communicate business and technical information across the organization, being sensitive to the needs of unique audiences "
· The ability to lead, define project scope, develop and execute work plans to meet defined objectives
· Must be able to communicate and work with other members of IT group and support the business user community
· Must be self motivated, creative and can operate with minimal directions
· Knowledge of business analysis, quality assurance, and workflow tools and/or practices
· Proficient in, or can quickly grasp applicable business processes and functions
· Ability to multi-task effectively"
· Able to come up with both tactical and strategic solutions
· Think out of the box to come up with creative solutions when required
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills"
· Consulting attitude
· Is results driven with a positive attitude
· Effective team player and collaborator"
Technical Skills " · Order management related skills:
Possess strong knowledge of trading blotters, portfolio manager analytical tools,
compliance module and canned OMS reporting
Proficient with order history parsing and analysis
Must be able to answer different inquires from
a variety of business users (Compliance, Traders, Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Accounting)
Familiarity with middle-tier configuration and
maintenance FIX connectivity testing ,deployment and ongoing support
Liaison between business users and OMS vendor support personnel.
Ticket and support time management
Familiarity with Client market data feed and Oasys interface is a plus"
"· Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS and familiarity with Data Mining concepts
· Strong understanding and ability to write SQL
script and stored procedures as well as coordinate development of new procedures as
defined by new business rules and product development"
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Visio)
· Enterprise scheduling experience (such as Tivoli or AutoSys) is a plus
· Enterprise data management tool experience is a plus
"· Working knowledge of financial industry, specifically buy-side asset management . Familiarity with investment management
systems such as portfolio accounting, attribution and performance, settlement and reconciliation is a plus"