Manager, Customer and Marketing Analytics (closed)
A true start-up experience for someone who has passion for and experience with customer and marketing analytics! We are looking for candidates who have drive, ambition and a can-do attitude to join a fast-growing e-tailer in a hip and trendy area in Boston. A dozen people. A casual workplace. An environment where people pitch in and make things happen. Is this you? If so, we want to talk with you about a newly-created Manager, Customer and Marketing Analytics position.
This is a key role that will have direct P&L responsibilities, and will be critical in maintaining the company?s growth trajectory and goals. The essence of this role is to continually improve sales and profitability by improving customers? overall shopping experience. The position will combine working with many areas of the business including, development, sales and customer service, product marketing, and buyers to help drive revenue and profitability and meet business goals.
Is this you?
- Strong business judgment
- Acute analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve problems
- Thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Teacher and mentor
More on the role
Oversee business analytics and metrics
- Lead the reporting on, and discovering customer trends based on customer metrics, and using the data to increase conversion rates of customers to leads, and leads to win business
- Use analytics data to define sales pipeline issues (as well as successes), and use data to help discover solutions that will lead to an increase in conversion rate by phone and online click and buy purchases
Work directly with buyers
- Share customer data with buyers so that they can have insight into what is selling- buyers will use that data to find similar products to be added and sold
- Share data with buyers on up-and-coming trends in customer behavior that could influence what product categories would be attractive product categories for the company to expand to
Work directly with development
- Take a hands-on approach in more of a project management role and use customer data to help determine lowest hanging fruit for improvement in customer conversions, and assist development in carrying out these projects
- As growth continues, future duties would be overseeing project managers and working directly with them to use analytics and metrics to influence development cycles
Sales and customer service
- Work directly with sales and customer service manager and take responsibility for reporting on sales and customer service call center metrics
- Make suggestions on sales and customer service staffing, call routing, and call handling based on salesperson conversion metrics
- Work with sales and customer service to align sales goals with overall business goals, and based on customer behavior data spot trends that could help drive sales process improvements, more effective product promotions, and improve customer experience before, during and after the sale
Other key skills/experience
- Analytics software package such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc .
- A/B and/or multivariate testing
- Some sales experience preferred
- Bachelor?s degree