Senior Specialty Chemicals / Polymers & Monomers Product Manager (closed)
Senior Specialty Chemicals / Polymers & Monomers Product Manager
- Principle contributor to the development of the product line strategy in line with the business strategy.
- Optimize specialty monomers product portfolio.
- Monitor financial performance of product line and make recommendations.
- Provide product management for all or some product lines across the business.
- Interact globally internally and externally.
- Indirect people leadership responsibility through project management. Develop, with the Global Business Manager the product line consistent with the overall business strategy. Review, optimize, and co-ordinate its acceptance and implementation with key partners.
- Work with the sales and marketing functions to optimize product mix (portfolio), understand future product requirements, and define and consolidate product needs and requirements, providing guidance to operations.
- Work with R&D and operations to define asset needs, capabilities, sourcing points, related costs, and strategy.
- Continue to monitor financial performance of product lines in general and individual products within the line(s) specifically, taking appropriate actions (support, optimization, and obsolescence) as required. Be accountable for product life cycle management and product line and individual product profitability.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities as needed.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years of product management experience in the specialty chemicals industry.
- Experience in sales, marketing and/or business development.
- Knowledge of production and supply chain.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Experience managing international and cross-functional teams.