- Monthly financial reporting to include income statement, balance sheet and management reporting.
- Prepare internal and external reporting as requested.
Financial reporting and monitoring
- Maintain financial records in accordance with sound accounting principles
- Maintain PeopleSoft financial system setups, including ledgers, chart of accounts, control edits, Nvision reports, etc.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries to the general ledger
- Coordinate monthly general ledger close: validate completeness of journal entry posting, review preliminary financial statements, prepare and record adjusting entries as necessary
- Analyze financial variances, communicate findings and identify issues
- Respond to financial inquiries from departments
- Prepare account reconciliations with documented support; review for appropriate recording
- Recommend and implement changes to the accounting system as deemed necessary
- Maintain and update budget and projection worksheets for all departments
- Assist in upload of budget and projection ledgers
- Support activities for the annual audit
- Assist in special audits as necessary
- Assist in training staff as needed
- Promote cross-training
- Document and maintain written desk level procedures
- Other financial related activities as deemed necessary from time to time
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Expertise in GAAP accounting; CPA preferred
- 4 years minimum experience in accounting book close & financial analysis
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel at intermediate or advanced level required
- Experience with Excel macros, Microsoft Access, and query-writing (SQL or Crystal) a plus
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative thinker, self-starter and team player a must.