IT Litigation Support Specialist (closed)
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is seeking an IT Litigation Support Specialist for our Denver Regional Office.
The IT Specialist will:
- Perform tasks pertaining to the preservation, identification, extraction, and/or documentation of potential evidence from computer equipment and data storage media.
- Provide litigation and investigation support to investigative teams and litigation teams throughout the enforcement program as well as teams conducting examinations of financial services entities.
- Train staff at all levels in the use of litigation support tools, concepts and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance for investigations and examinations including the planning, managing and maintaining of electronic document collections.
- Work with program staff to craft subpoena language; negotiate file and media formats for electronic productions and determine the best approach for loading and viewing data.
- Analyze, research, upgrade and maintain necessary hardware and software to assure that the litigation support systems used are operating properly and effectively.
- Provide assistance for the development and revision, where required, of technical standards, policies and procedures to be used in the implementation of overall litigation support operations.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain new hardware/software systems and assist in the development and revision of technical standards, methods and approaches in the implementation of overall operations, programming and data file management concepts and software.
- Conduct feasibility studies and define/analyze requirements for hardware and software implementations.
- Resolve issues related to delivery of services.
- Apply expert knowledge to provide specialized support to resolve end-user unique system/application problems; and install, configure, and troubleshoot systems supporting SEC operations.
- For the SK-12 level: Applicant MUST be a U.S. Citizens and have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-11 grade level serving as an information technology adviser, and providing technical support in one or more of the following areas of emphasis: architecture, infrastructure, applications, software, hardware, networks, data management, systems analysis, security, internet, intranet, systems administration, websites, and/or customer support.
- For the SK-13 level: In addition to the specialized experience at the SK-12 level, applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-12 level which includes data loading, troubleshooting, administration of legal-based software packages, and/or consulting with legal teams regarding collections, processing, review, and production of documents pertinent to the position.
For a complete position description and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.sec.gov/jobs/ohr/job663362.html
The mission of the SEC is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facility capital formation. We seek high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork and commitment to excellence. The SEC offers challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package.