Field Service Engineer
Our client develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Their diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use their life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs.
Purpose of the Job:
Installs and maintains instrumentation and systems in a laboratory environment. The incumbent is responsible for meeting service revenue targets; ensures strong contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate; handles and/or participates in a team that resolves customers’ problems and issues. The field service engineer will service instruments not research or design.
Boundary Conditions/Authority Levels
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- May develop and track field service project plans
- Adheres to field service technical standards and/or Recommends changes
- Monitors and adheres to field service policies procedures and standards.
- Minimum of four year engineering Degree (BMET, EET, ME, CE or related)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a limited amount of points
- Excellent communication skills