Global Production Planning Mgr, Electronics, Chicago, West Suburbs #2187 (closed)
Position Title Global Production Planning Manager - Electronics - IL #2187
Location Chicago area (West Suburbs)
Company is a leading global supplier of high performance components for the mobile phone market.
The position requires previous master scheduling/ planning management experience in a global organization coordinating supply chain activities and process improvement initiatives. The key areas of focus are capacity and resource management, supply chain processes and Oracle ERP/ ASCP development. The position has no direct reports but manages the overall planning process in a matrix organization with 5 production factories and a distribution center in Asia.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Master Scheduling/ Production Planning
Responsible for Global Capacity Management.
Responsible for assisting in the continuous improvement of the Master Scheduling and Production Planning Processes.
Develops tools to aid in the daily execution of Supply Chain Processes.
Works to effectively integrate Oracle systems into Demand and Supply Processes.
Develops processes and tools for maintaining Oracle data integrity and processes.
Explores Oracle functionality for continuous improvement opportunities.
3. Work cross functionally with Plant Supply Chain and Operations groups, Customer Service, Sales/ Marketing, Product Line Management, Engineering, Commodity Management.
Serves as the key contact for understanding process constraints and limitations.
Works to bridge the gap between functional area requirements and plant planning and purchasing.
Collaborates extensively with locations Asia and Europe.
4. Participate in and support the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP).
Develops and manages the process for understanding monthly sales, inventory and build plans at the manufacturing line level.
Develops tools and processes necessary to support the S&OP process.
5. Continuous Improvement
Works with other functional areas to identify areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
Leads and participates in teams to tackle continuous improvement projects.
6. Key KPI’s
a. OTD to customer request date.
b. Inventory Turns.
c. Product Availability.
d. Projects/ Process Improvements.
7. Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Degree holder in Supply Chain or Manufacturing related field. APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP)
• Experience: 6-10 years experience in Supply Chain (Master Scheduling, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management--planning focus). Production Planning Manager would be the ideal previous position.
• Essential Skills: Good interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively across the organization. Demonstrated leadership skills in a matrix organization. Process Improvement abilities. Strong analytical skills.
• Systems: Oracle ERP experience required. Specifically, ASCP, Production Planning, Routings. Oracle forecasting, Demantra, constraint based planning and collaborative planning helpful. Microsoft Excel -- Required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Manufacturing related field.
2. APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP)
3. 6 + years of experience in Supply Chain (Master Scheduling, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management--planning focus).
4. Oracle ERP experience including ASCP, Production Planning, Routings.
5. Oracle forecasting, Demantra, constraint based planning and collaborative planning is a plus.
6. Product Planning experience with multiple company factories.
MUST be a US citizen and Must send resume in MS Word