Software Engineer/ Developer
SOFTWARE ENGINEER / DEVELOPER
Defense Search specializes in recruiting exclusively for the defense and aerospace industries. We are currently seeking a mid-level Software Engineer/Developer for a leading Defense company. This position is based in Manassas, VA and is with an exciting and growing company that offers excellent pay and benefits.
The qualified Software Engineer / Developer will be a highly motivated, self-starter entry-level/mid-level developer to work on a data intensive graphing/visualization project in support of the Navy. This role requires core Java SE skills in multi-threaded programming, Swing programming, database interaction, core Collections algorithmic, and performance analysis. Responsibilities include the implementation of new features to match specifications, implementation of unit tests and automated functional tests to improve quality and coverage, bug fixing for existing features, identifying performance bottlenecks. The developer will work closely with staff in other groups to assist in the creation of specifications, manual test plans, and documentation.
The Software Engineer / Developer will possess the following:
* BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* 3-10 years of professional experience
* Strong Java background including 2+ recent years
* Core Java (Java Version: 5+)
* Collections (Lists, Maps, Sets)
* Multithreaded programming
* Swing programming
* Direct JDBC experience
* Data Visualization
* Familiarity with SAX, DOM
* OOP/OOD in Java
* Design Patterns (GoF Patterns)
* Basic SQL Knowledge is a must
* Building and Deployment Packaging via ANT
* Any Unix/Linux experience (Command Line/Perl/Shell)
* Must be willing to travel occasionally within continental United States and less frequently outside the continental United States
* Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance