Psychiatry Sales Account Manager - West Cleveland, OH (closed)
Lundbeck was founded in 1915 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we now do business in 57 countries around the world. Some of our best known products are Celexa and Lexapro, which were marketed in the US through Forest.
Lundbeck has made a strategic decision to expand our presence in the United States, including building our own US Psychiatry Sales Force, to launch a new long-acting injectable antipsychotic and a new antidepressant, if approved by the FDA. Both of these launches will be done through strategic alliances. This is a wonderful opportunity to be on the ground floor of company with a Vision to be a World Leader in Psychiatry.
As an Account Manager, you will act as the primary customer contact for demand creation by executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market. The Account Manager is considered to be skilled or advanced in their demonstration of account management capabilities and sales proficiencies. In this role you will act as the primary face to Psychiatrists by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge, while partnering with a cross-functional field team to deploy the approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer.
Strong Account Manager candidates must demonstrate the ability to both drive strong sales performance, as well as to be the local leader of the field-based matrix team that is deployed to service our customers. Specifically, the Account Manager will demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Selling - Understand the core selling process, adapt style, and effectively negotiate to bring value to the customer and close the sale.
Customer Development - Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships (e.g. customers, account contacts, stakeholders and influencers e, etc) based on customer needs and organizational goals.
Local Market Expertise - Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages including stakeholders that exhibit direct and indirect influence on customer behavior. Utilize market knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities that will allow for mutual value between Lundbeck and our customers.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge - Ability to apply therapeutic area knowledge to the sale of Lundbeck products and/or to increase effectiveness in role
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrates the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipate and communicate impact on product portfolio to key internal and external partners and problem solve payer access issues (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) through the use of Lundbeck resources.
Business Planning and Execution - Ability to prioritize opportunities, develop strategy & tactics, allocate resources, monitor progress and adjust direction in an effort to maximize sales performance and measure progress against plan. Utilize monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment.
Critical Thinking - Ability to understand a situation, issue, or problem by breaking it into smaller components. Ability to collect information, derive inferences, find solutions and make informed decisions and recommendations using data and tools where appropriate
Pharmaceutical Environment - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products. Ability to apply knowledge of overall healthcare economy and industry practices.
Compliance – Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from a four-year college or university (or the equivalent outside the United States)
- Documented successful sales performance, with at least one regional or national award
- Outstanding communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years prior promoting and detailing pharmaceutical products in the field of neuroscience, including: schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, and/or other mood disorders
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- Valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and good driving record
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Strong leadership with proven selling record as evidenced with top 25% performance 2 of the last 3 years
- Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to schizophrenia
- Account selling experience (CMHC’s, Hospital, etc.)
- Previous CNS (preferably in the atypical antipsychotic market place), Biologic, Injectible/Infusion Product, or Hospital sales experience preferred
- Experience with buy and bill reimbursement
- Strong analytical background
- Account planning experience, ownership and accountability for the development and execution of a fully integrated account plan that utilizes effective deployment of company resources
- Experience in calling on customers at a variety of call points, including: offices, community mental health centers and hospitals
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e. co-promotions)
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically.
Reference: Psychiatry Sales Account Manager - West Cleveland, OH