Engineering Technologist (closed)
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, the Engineering Technologist is responsible for varied engineering assignments requiring a broad knowledge of an engineering technology specialty. This function is also responsible to solve problems using a combination of standard or modified procedures; participates in planning objectives; performs independent studies; analyses interprets and draws own conclusions; more complex work projects are referred to more senior authorities. This individual is not supervised in detail except on more difficult assignments.
This individual requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with other internal business units, in particular the marketing group and operations group, as well as a number of external parties such as customers, EPCM firms and suppliers. Setting personal priorities and allocating necessary resources on a day to day and long term basis are essential functions to satisfying the primary internal requirements of this position.
Travel to field locations will be required.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform duties & responsibilities with occasional assistance from more senior authorities, and with supervision
- Project scoping & economics
- Project management
- Equipment sizing & design calculations
- Pipeline system modeling
- Plant process modeling
- Review assets for optimization opportunities
- Communication of day to day engineering information to other internal groups
- Technical support for marketing and operations
- Business development support for new projects
- Set personal priorities and allocate resources as needed to meet requirements
- Comply with corporate standards, procedures and guidelines
- Address external concerns with facilities
- Support Marketing with customer issues on AML operations & projects
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please continue!