• Analyze and define the logical and physical database structure based on the project requirements.
• Establish, maintain, and control the project data model and data dictionary.
• Provide technical guidance to system and application programmers.
• Develop, document, and enforce the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure the integrity of the database system.
• Design, implement, and periodically test the database back-up and recovery procedures.
• Direct and participate in the conceptual database design and specifications.
• Perform database administration activities including but not limited to installation, configuration, backup and maintenance of the databases in multiple environments.
• Perform database tuning activities using different approaches such as reviewing indexing strategies, database and server configurations.
• Ensure the reliability, serviceability, and maintainability of the system with demonstrable accuracy, privacy, and security.
• Develop test plans and test data for database systems and support software.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for hardware, software and database upgrades, removing and servicing user accounts on system platform and in all databases.
• Contribute in the development knowledge base.
• Participate and contribute in process improvement activities at the project and corporate level.
Three to Six years experience in designing and implementing relational databases. Detailed knowledge and understanding of all aspects of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, including both development and administration is required. Proficiency in writing complex TSQL queries/stored procedures is an absolute must. In addition to strong analytical and communication skills, knowledge of software development life cycle is desired.
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, information systems management, software engineering, statistics, mathematics or related discipline; or professional certification and in-depth knowledge of database technology and DBA tools. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for two years of experience.
Project Specific Requirements
Must Have Skills:
• BA/BS degree with seven plus years of relevant experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Required experience in all areas of MS SQL server 2000/2005 development.
• Solid understanding of the logical and physical database modeling and design concepts.
• In depth knowledge writing and tuning SQL Server stored procedures/functions/views.
• Experience writing and modifying DTS/SSIS packages.
• Strong SDLC process knowledge.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Work in a collaborative office environment with other developers, business analysts, and a project management team.
• Experience with MS SQL 2008, including upgrading from previous versions
• Experience with performance optimization
• Experience with Analysis Services is a plus