Senior Field Engineer (closed)
Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd. is a leading supplier to Canada's resource industries. Having been in business for over 75 years, and offices located throughout Canada, O’Connell offers a stable and challenging work environment. As an equal opportunity employer we accept applications from all qualified persons. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent rotation schedule.
Overseeing the daily activities of field personnel and working with the Superintendent of Field Operations, the Senior Field Engineer will ensure that all work activities are completed safely and efficiently. The tasks associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and supervising field staff and construction activities.
- Acting as a team player to determine project details, aid with resource allocation and planning of work.
- Calculating project/estimate take-offs, reviewing specifications, and tracking material quantities.
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications to determine layouts of structures or systems and material requirements.
- Preparing reports to document project activities and production reporting.
- Identifying and monitoring project critical activities and necessary associated resource allocation.
- Inspecting project sites for safety and quality issues to ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes, including the completion of ITPs.
- Coordinating and scheduling the delivery of all materials required for project construction to satisfy schedule requirements.
- Aiding in the planning/surveying on work sites, and analyzing project details during construction.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Heavy Civil Environment and the following experience:
- Experience working with concrete foundations and mass reinforced concrete structures.
- Earthwork experience relating to foundations/structures and dam/dyke construction.
- Familiar with using AutoCAD, would be an asset.
- Familiar with using scheduling software, such as Primavera and Microsoft Project would be an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Personal initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
The ideal candidate will have a degree/diploma in Civil Engineering/Technology from a recognized institution.
***************TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK: http://www.hjoc.com/hjoc/en/careers?id=13