Program Manager (closed)
Primary point of contact for external customers responsible for assigned programs from proposal stage through contract completion. Responsibilities for marketing, contracts (military and/or commercial), and product support are involved on a customer by customer basis.
The Program Manager is responsible for contribution margin of the production phase. Must keep the program in scope or to properly negotiate time and money when the scope increases or to refuse the scope increase if it is not practical.
- The Program Manager is fully responsible for implementing a product matching 100% to the one used for the cost base in the bid and to make him/her self knowledgeable of all elements of the bid including the cost base.
- Clarify RFQ scope of work expected by the customer with sales people and/or customer.
- Coordinate with estimator on pricing package assumptions.
- Coordinate with engineering for drawing and technical proposal support.
- Follow up proposal submission with customer and/or salesperson.
- Kick off new programs, establish expectations, identify pacing items.
- Assign line resources to project teams as required to meet performance criteria.
- Lead program status meetings and work bottlenecks.
- Communicate program status to Airframes customers, salespeople, and line management.
- Monitor all open action items to customer to ensure timely closure.
- Monitor the submission of required data items required by the customer.
- Coordinate resources between divisions for programs involving multiple locations.
- Monitor budget status on all programs with Senior Management.
- Coordinate the resolution of field service issues for new products delivered.
- Participate in contract negotiations as required.
- Team with Estimating Manager and/or salesperson on developing and presenting positions.
- Communicate results of negotiating sessions to senior management.
- Monitor the scope of work and initiate formal changes when necessary to obtain proper concessions on prices, weights and lead times, where appropriate.
Profit and Loss
- Track, manage and report non-recurring expenses to operate within budget limits.
- Track, manage and report recurring costs at standard to operate within the quotation parameters and achieve the bid contribution margins.
- Develop a strategic use of customer request for changes to increase contribution margins of the program, both for the non-recurring and recurring portions.
- The Program Manager is not accountable for the absolute amount of the non recurring expenses and this for the following reasons: the initial nrc quote does not have the level of integrity we achieve in the recurring cost area; the cost is mostly in the hands of engineering and certification; tooling is normally a function of the quote and cannot be helped although it must be purchased well.
- Must be fully accountable and properly present to management a good estimate to compete for the completion of the nrc phase of the program. In particular, after the expense on the program has reached 25% to 35% of the initial quote, sufficient knowledge of the program must have been gained for the program manager to be able to display the ultimate etc with an error margin of no more than plus or minus 15%.
- 7+ years of experience as a Program Manager.
- PMP Certification or Masters Degree (Business Management or Engineering) is required.
- Background with RFQ, cost management, aalyzing scope changes for cost and time, scheduling and program progression, and contract analysis and evaluation.
- Strong customer interaction experience.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills. In-depth knowledge of program management and relationships between line functions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to operate personal computer software/hardware used for communications.
- Ability to plan and think strategically. Ability to make timely decisions for programs based on best available information.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO: email@example.com
Chris Kunkle 724-547-7015