Cleared Oracle DBA (closed)
My client is supporting the DHS. It is a long term funded position. Please send your resume and I will responde as soon as possible.
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) maintains the Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), which currently operate on the IBM AIX/UNIX operating system. The position implements and maintains Oracle Cluster Ready Services as needed, migrates databases using earlier versions of Oracle to the latest version of Oracle. The Oracle DBA configures environments and supports all database-related aspects of user acceptance testing, functional acceptance testing, database testing, installation testing, configuration/compatibilities testing, security testing, and performance load and stress testing. In addition, the Oracle DBA contributes to analyses on capacity, scalability, data migration, disaster recovery planning and Oracle database standards documentation. The person in this position will be responsible for monitoring and managing the work of other DBA’s and will provide status reporting for work completed and planned for the team.
- Provide provisioning of database development and testing environments.
- Write ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements.
- Provide Writing / Tuning data ingestion procedures from external suppliers and partners using PL/SQL, sql loader, 3rd party tools (e.g. Toad etc.)
- Design, development and administration of Oracle databases.
- Support performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of Oracle databases.
- Support management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures.
- Provide installation and maintenance of database server, replication and client environments.
- Has 10+ years of experience in database development and support.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle 10g, 11g, partitioning, Automatic Storage Management, Oracle RAC, Data Guard.
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Streams - Production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance.