Sr. Business Analyst (closed)
Are you tired of being a utilization number? Tired of firms who are only concerned about whether or not you are billable? Looking for a firm invested in growing your skills with exciting opportunities and exciting clients? Perhaps it is time to stop looking for your next job, and explore a career with Cohesion where we recruit and develop experienced, highly marketable, and driven individuals.
Cohesion is a full service Technology consulting firm providing solutions and services that drive business. Cohesion delivers more than software, we deliver business agility. We work with clients to get the most out of their technology investments, translating that investment into measurable, sustainable and scalable business results.
Cohesion is growing rapidly, more than doubling the number of our consultants in the last four years. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of something special. Cohesion consultants grow their skills professionally, gain valuable experience through challenging engagements and are presented with multiple avenues for advancement.
Learn more about Cohesion at www.cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has immediate need for a Sr. Business Analyst. This role will coach junior analysts on traditional analyst skills including requirements collection, success criteria creation, business case validation, and more. The analysts were formerly quality analysts / testers (consumers of requirements). This role will introduce the concepts through training. More importantly, the role will train the team using in-flight projects ? learn on the job.
The role will coach multiple people/projects simultaneously on these analyst skills. As the engagement continues and the previous analysts are showing the correct behaviors, additional people/projects will be added. In total, this resource will train upwards of 8 people across the initial engagement.
The role will assist in business case writing and project leadership; guide the analysis, design, and development of the clients solution; guide creation of detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to deploy the clients business solution; plan for and conduct testing to ensure our recommended solution meets the business needs.
Skills and Experience Required
· 5+ years of analyst experience
· Strong full life cycle software application development (SDLC) background
· Experience with adapting methodologies to organizational culture
· Acts as a liaison between IT and the business units by opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with IT. Provides a single point of contact for business units into IT and act as a conduit between the two organizations
· Experience with logical data modeling, workflow modeling and business process modeling
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Candidates must have extensive experience in facilitating client meetings and conducting detailed interviews to solicit user requirements. Gathering and documenting business requirements using a variety of methods and techniques such as; interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis
· Commitment to customer service
· Experience coaching junior staff
· Desired/Not-required: Insurance industry experience
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org