Senior Drupal Developer (closed)
Senior Drupal Developer
4 Month Assignment
My client a rapidly-growing, full-service interactive agency that creates engaging online experiences for the world’s leading brands. Our portfolio of work includes groundbreaking websites, innovative marketing campaigns and successful online brand loyalty programs created for Fortune 500 clientele across the CPG, Retail and Entertainment sectors. My client’s numerous awards speak to the creativity, passion and talent of our employees, who come from all over the world.
We have an opportunity for a senior Drupal Developer to join our front-end development team. The developer role requires the ability to balance business/design needs with development standards and scalability demands. We are looking for someone who understands how to design and structure a website/application for site speed and future maintenance and can work well with back-end developers and UI designers.
If you are passionate about the next generation of the Web (utilizing drupal); if you want to improve user experience in online applications; if you insist that your work meet the highest standards of usability and accessibility, then we would love to talk to you.
The right candidate will work well in a small team environment and will be eager to expand his or her knowledge and programming skills.
- Strong Drupal 6/7 experience. Must have experience in Drupal views, panels, thening, drush and customizing modules. A plus if active contributor to community
- Strong php and mySQL
- Understand & adhere to industry and company best practices for delivering fast loading web sites
- Assist project teams in scoping and estimating project work.
- Follows established coding standards and other group procedures
- Stay current with new techniques and technologies and share knowledge with team members.
- Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate concepts.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and application engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
- Partner with peers in application engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services.
- At least 3yrs of hands on Drupal development.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to take Photoshop mockups and create high performance web pages that meet the design and technical specifications following accepted best practices for minimizing client and network footprint.
- Understanding of site navigation and web design principles, and the ability to create and maintain web pages quickly and efficiently
- Preferred if understand responsive design and have implemented sites using this
- Familiar with optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed), cross-browser/platform issues, and tradeoffs between speed, design and flexibility.
- Experience with mobile platforms and mobile websites is highly desirable.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving
- Able to multi-task and respond quickly and creatively to feedback from project teams and work on a tight schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail is necessary to assure that all code follows appropriate processes, is accurate, and passes validation
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment
- Work well with teams or in a team environment
- A solid understanding of software engineering design methodologies and Internet technologies