Environmental/Remediation Senior Project Manager (closed)
Sr. Project Manager/Environmental Remediation - Houston, TX 77027
Our client, a global engineering and construction firm, has an opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager with remediation and investigation experience who can also bring to this position their business development skills.
The Sr. PM will be responsible for:
• The Environmental/Remediation Senior Project Manager will act as the Company representative with the client, subcontractors, and Texas regulatory agencies and provides direction and management for large investigation and remediation projects.
• Provide strategic leadership, mentoring and management to local staff
• Participate in business development, client development, and proposal activities to expand work with existing and new clients
• Develops budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions on projects.
• Participate, as required, in project-related negotiations with regulatory agencies and stakeholders.
• Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates.
• Ensures that the project meets or exceeds established goals.
• Promotes technical excellence of staff and projects
• Monitors and reports to management on the progress of project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
• 4-year degree (minimum) or MS in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or related technical field
• At least 15+ years of experience focusing on engineering and project management of large remediation projects including superfund sites.
• The candidate shall have experience in various phases of investigation, design, and construction.
• The candidate should exhibit proven project management, technical leadership and client management experience and a thorough knowledge of current technologies, industry practices, and regulations of the required expertise
• Strong communication, technical writing, organizational, and presentation skills are required
• Professional Engineer in TX is preferred.
• Local candidates highly preferred.