Database Administrator (closed)
We are currently accepting applications for a Database Administrator position with a leading financial services company in Connecticut. Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the area. They are attracting the best and brightest talent to their team by creating an employee friendly environment where people enjoy working hard because they actually are having fun while doing it.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to:
- Install Oracle and MSSQL Server database software.
- Create database and required objects
- Logical/physical database design
- Provide database support including backup/recovery
- Perform database upgrade including software patches
- Migrate database from one platform/version to the other
- Manage various Oracle, SQL Server and Mysql databases
- Work collaboratively with application developers to optimize database usage.
- Provide support to software engineering team with development of stored procedures/triggers/functions.
- Develop policies, procedures, and training plans for database system administration.
- 4 -5 years In-depth experience with Oracle specifically in Oracle 10G and 11G
- Recover Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle SQL Loader
- Oracle Streams or equivalent replication software
- 4 -5 years In-depth experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 in both stand-alone and clustered configurations.
- Experience with SQL Server Agent
- Experience installing and maintaining SQL Server Reporting Service