Manager, Global Production Planning (closed)
- Develop, monitor and report on global production plans and results.
- Work with all manufacturing facility production planners to insure clear understanding and implementation of production plans.
- Maintain manufacturing operating, capacity, capital expenditure and lead-time information to support the production plans.
- Identify excess and obsolete materials and set targets for utilization or elimination of these materials.
- Release metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Master Production Schedule and the impact of changes.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s products and processes.
- Work very closely with Sales and Operations and Finance and Engineering personnel to maintain production plans that meet each department’s objectives (product introduction, sales levels and cost).
- Point of contact to verify ESG’s ability to meet sales forecasts
- Create and report on an ESG sales forecast accuracy metric to drive improved sales forecasting within the company.
- The position requires a clear understanding of global production planning and inventory control systems.
- Able to communicate very effectively with many levels of management within the company (including the CEO/CFO and senior leadership).
- Deep understanding of Oracle systems capabilities (or other ERP system).
- Broad understanding of multi discipline impacts including Finance and Operations and Supply Chain.
- Written and presentation skills are very important in this position and will be delivered to internal and external personnel.
- Ability to develop processes to improve the integration of global planning and sales operations.
- Strong team player that is able to motivate others in the organization and able to very clearly discuss and review various options in the decision making process.
- Knowledge and experience in cost of goods sold and inventory management and understanding the financial impact of the business and operations decisions.
- Knowledge of business tools available to improve the effectiveness of the organization.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- B.S. degree in Business, Operations or Engineering. MBA a plus.
- 10 years experience in a related industry and/or department.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience in communicating with senior executive leadership at a large enterprise.