Application Support Engineer (closed)
Title: Application Support Engineer (ASE)
Duration: 3+ month contract (longterm potential)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is seeking an Application Support Engineer (ASE) to operate, support and improve their media content management infrastructure within their Product’s Operations team.
In this collaborative position, you will work with a team of peer ASEs as well as systems and database administrators to surface, track and resolve issues related to our media management system – a distributed, asynchronous suite of SOA Web service hosted. You will deploy new software in coordination with development and technical operations teams and develop customized improvements to enhance performance and stability.
This role reports into Operations and requires close coordination with key vendors as well as technical operations, development, program management and business users of the systems you support. You will interface with exceptional technical leaders across multiple teams and evangelize an ethic of constant improvement within the team and with other groups in the company.
The ideal candidate has Web software development and QA experience (J2EE/Jetty/Web in particular) as well as experience in systems and database administration or IT. Advertising technology and experience supporting heavily data-driven, accountable businesses is considered a big plus.
- A keen analytical, structured and detail-oriented approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
- BS/BA in a related field or equivalent experience is required, e.g. Computer Science.
- Significant application support background, e.g. Unix and Web middleware development and/or QA
- Familiarity with REST, SOAP or XMLRPC and extensive knowledge of network protocols
- Participation in the testing or support of web based solutions or other enterprise software.
- Production operations experience a plus, e.g. Root Cause Analysis and process improvement.
- Familiarity with the web software architecture and frameworks.
- Customer-first attitude and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux OS, shell scripting and GNU tools.
- Familiarity with Windows Server OS, .NET framework and IIS.
- Adept and comfortable working in a rapidly changing matrix environment required.
- Solid knowledge or experience with the following languages and technologies desired: J2EE Application servers, Java, Python, Groovy, Perl, XML, HTML; MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- 2nd and 3rd tier technical support experience in Jetty/Web/Java type applications highly desirable
- Experience in virtual networks (VMware), Web Services, e-commerce and streaming media a plus
If interested, please forward an updated resume to Technical Recruiter, Monica Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org