ETO Engineer (closed)
ETO Engineer - Milwaukee, WI
Category Engineering: (EE, ME, R&D)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Shift Schedule :First Shift (Day)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Collaborates with Marketing and Proposals to reviews specifications to understand customerrequirements.
- Completes design of custom products in accordance with established practices and company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings, and also determines materials to be utilized.
- Prepares required engineering reports and records pertinent to assigned projects and product areas.
- Creates and executes Engineering Change Requests, and enters into the ERP system (SAP).
- Estimates cost and design effort for complex new products and systems.
- Provides technical support to product marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer problems, equipment application, and engineering analysis.
- Ensures that performance and accuracy of equipment and testing is in accordance with industry and company standards. Assists in resolving testing issues for custom designs.
- Provides technical support to and maintains liaison with Scheduling, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations regarding issues with custom designs.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering and Operators to achieve successful production and testing of new custom designs.
- Drives root cause analysis and resolution of customer complaints and material non-conformance issues.
- Makes suggestions for product and process improvements, and defines and implements improvement projects to increase team efficiency.
- Trains less experienced personnel on products, processes, and tools (as assigned).
- Job Requirements:
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education, Training, etc.):
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years experience in design, development and/or product engineering, including knowledge of product, applications, manufacturing, test methods, and standards.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability, experience in coordinating/completing complex projects on-time.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electro-mechanical systems. Extensive experience specifically with AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor is desired.
- Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with FEA, modeling, detailing and layout drafting techniques.
- Quality-minded, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Lean and Six-Sigma methodology.
- Knowledge of power systems, Distribution Switchgear products/applications, and/or industrial automation & controls is desired
- Experience with ISO requirements and audits is desired
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FOR ANY EMPLOYER IN THE US....NO H1B VISA!
Key Technical Solutions
10400 Innovation Drive, Suite 301
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Main Line: (414) 302-5000 / Direct Line: (414) 831-8612 / Toll Free: 1-800-683-9978
Fax: (414) 302 - 5005